A Journey Through Vietnam accompanied by Joann Geddes & Khoi Dinh
Saturday, February 24th through Sunday, March 9th, 2024
Please Register here
An initial deposit of $1,000 per person is due now to secure your spot.
Registration will remain open until November 1st or until the trip has reached capacity.
Group Size 12 to 22 participants
Vietnam has a rich 2,000-year history. A land of natural beauty, abiding tradition, and profoundly hospitable people. During our journey we will examine the traditional heritage of Vietnam — a synthesis of indigenous cultures with Chinese culture and religion — while observing its modern transformation under French colonial rule, Communist revolution, American intervention and recent globalization. The country is full of stunning landscapes, excellent food, striking architecture, vibrant religious traditions, and much more.
- Explore vibrant markets, ancient ruins, stunning colonial buildings, peaceful temples, imposing monuments, and insightful museums.
- Dine in local restaurants, share a meal with a family, go on curated street food adventures, enjoy a vegetarian feast at a nunnery, and participate in a cooking lesson with an acclaimed chef.
- Discover Ha Long Bay with an overnight excursion aboard a traditional wooden boat, sailing among 3,000 islands and islets.
- Meander through Hoi An’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site, cycle among rice paddies, and sail into the sunset.
- Reflect on the war with visits to the Vinh Moc Tunnel complex, Hien Luong Bridge, Truong Son Cemetery, and “Hanoi Hilton” prison for American POWs.
- Venture through villages via tuk-tuk, paddle in sampans past coconut groves, and cruise the waterways of the Mekong Delta.
- Learn about contemporary life in Vietnam and benefit from the company of Professor Emerita Joann Geddes and Hanoi native Khoi Dinh.
- Enjoy meals and late-night conversations in a community of thoughtful and curious Lewis & Clark travelers.
Hanoi - Hue - Hoi An - Ho Chi Minh
Cost & Registration
$4,495 per person in a double ($1,000 deposit + $3,495 balance payment); $4,995 in a single ($1,000 deposit + $3,995 balance payment). Note: there are a limited number of single rooms.
$1,000 non-refundable deposit per person. The deposit is due by November 1, 2023 or before.
Balance payment of $3,495 per person in a double, $3,995 in a single is due by November 15, 2023 or before.
Additional “pre” and “post” nights can be arranged at itinerary hotels for an additional cost.
Price does not include International airfare, optional tips, most alcoholic beverages, or some small incidental fees like video or photo charges at specific sites, restrooms, etc…
Click here to register.
Lewis & Clark Team
Faculty Emerita Joann Geddes retired from Lewis & Clark after 35 years of service as a teacher and the Director of Academic English Studies. During her tenure she has led seven Overseas Programs including Costa Rica, the former Soviet Union, Argentina/Chile, Kenya/Tanzania, Australia and Morocco. She founded the Vietnam overseas program and successfully took a student group there in 2008. Joann remains active within the campus community and recently traveled with the Lewis & Clark group to Madagascar. She is our academic leader for the 2024 Vietnam trip and will work closely with our in-country guide to facilitate a dynamic educational experience.
Khoi has worked for Lewis & Clark for more than 15 years and will serve as the group’s administrative coordinator working closely with Intrepid Travel to ensure a successful and safe trip. Khoi is a native of Hanoi so will be welcoming the group to his hometown and share an insider’s perspective. Of course, Khoi is fluent in Vietnamese, is an avid traveler, and has an adventurous spirit.