The Associated Students of Lewis & Clark (ASLC) is the official body charged with facilitating better communication between students, the faculty, the administration, and the Lewis & Clark community at large. The ASLC, in its various forms and bodies, assists students and student organizations in their efforts by providing financial resources and institutional support, as well as supports an open forum for students to actively address their concerns and grievances.
- Preamble, ASLC Constitution
The ASLC has a 5-branch government:
- The Senate drafts and passes legislation.
- The Cabinet manages government functions and executes the legislation.
- The Judiciary ensures everyone is following the rules of the constitution and bylaws, as well as managing the Constitutional Affairs Committee and Student Advocacy Team.
- The Auditory provides resources and research on the institution of the College, proctors surveys, and manages and maintains ASLC’s archives.
- The Elections Committee ensures all elections are carried out in a smooth, fair, and constitutional fashion.
DID YOU KNOW
that ASLC is responsible for a $750,000 (approximately) annual budget? The senate and committees chaired by cabinet members allocate the funds, which are held in trust by the college on behalf of students. Your elected officials are not only the means by which you can express your opinion in the college, they also decide on the final allocation of all funds.
March 5th, 2015
4:00pm - 5:00pm:
Change or Charity? Exploring the Potential Unintended Consequences of Doing Good
When many of us see individuals struggling or widespread social problems, we are compelled to intervene. What happens, however, when we don’t utilize a critical lens to examine the potential unintended consequences of our well-intentioned actions? This interactive workshop will interrogate the differences between charity and change. Together, we will develop best change practices for social justice advocates and activists.
April 18th, 2015
9:30am - 2:30pm:
Save the Date: Spring Into Action
Learn & serve alongside fellow students, faculty, staff & alumni!