The Associated Students of Lewis & Clark (ASLC) is the official body charged with facilitating better communication between students, the faculty, the administration, and the Lewis & Clark community at large. The ASLC, in its various forms and bodies, assists students and student organizations in their efforts by providing financial resources and institutional support, as well as supports an open forum for students to actively address their concerns and grievances.
- Preamble, ASLC Constitution
The ASLC adopted a NEW Constitution on November 21st, 2013 after spending 4 hours and 45 minutes in session, approving and adopting the new Constitution ten ‘til midnight!
This constitution establishes ASLC as a 5-branch government:
- The Senate drafts and passes legislation.
- The Cabinet manages government functions and executes the legislation.
- The Judiciary ensures everyone is following the rules of the constitution and bylaws, as well as managing the Constitutional Affairs Committee and Peer Review Authority.
- The Auditory provides resources and research on the institution of the College, proctors surveys, and manages and maintains ASLC’s archives.
- The Elections Committee ensures all elections are carried out in a smooth, fair, and constitutional fashion.
Please find the new constitution here.
DID YOU KNOW
The ASLC constitution is a legally binding document over nearly 3/4 of a million dollars? Senate and the committees chaired by cabinet allocate the funding, which is held in trust by the college on behalf of students. Your elected officials are not only the means by which you can express your opinion in the college, they are the individuals that decide on the final allocation of all funds.
2013-2014 ASLC Cabinet
All ASLC Cabinet Members are given a stipend from the ASLC budget. Questions? Contact Tyler Church, Treasurer.
April 22nd, 2014
3:00pm - 5:00pm:
Come join the celebration! The SAAB Fair is an an opportunity for grant recipients to showcase their achievements, and celebrate the student-led academic projects that the SAAB Grant Board had the honor to fund this year! There will be Food, Refreshments, & Live Music!