Academic Advising at L&C
The purpose of advising is to provide students with the information, guidance, and support they need to capitalize on L&C opportunities and services, succeed in their coursework, graduate in a timely manner, and begin purposeful lives after graduation. Although students are ultimately responsible for their education and the completion of their degree, L&C provides multiple types of academic advising resources to help facilitate a successful and engaging college experience for each student.
The College Advising Center
The L&C College Advising Center team consists of seven members who are dedicated to helping students and faculty achieve their goals. Working in tandem with professors and faculty advisors, the College Advising Center assists students in developing long-term academic plans and effective skills and strategies to foster success inside and outside the classroom.
Examples of College Advising Center Services
- Discussion of students’ interests and help with long-term planning
- Assistance with understanding academic policies and procedures
- Facilitation of opportunities to learn new study skills and time management strategies
- Support for students who experience challenges to their academic success
- Guidance on understanding and completing appeal processes
- Facilitation of opportunities for a strong student-advisor connection.
To schedule an appointment with an advisor:
- call 503.768.7600 or
- e-mail: email@example.com
Daily Drop in Hours: Mon - Fri 1:00pm-3:00pm, Wed - 3:00-5:00
February 8th, 2017
March 15th, 2017
April 12th, 2017