Protecting your personal information online is incredibly important, and is something that L&C takes seriously. We have a few cybersecurity-related updates as the semester gets underway.
- We have adopted the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) for remote access to the college network through VPN. Students requiring VPN access for a course should talk with their faculty about getting access. We will be adding MFA to more applications going forward.
- We have adopted Google’s built-in capability to scan attachments for malicious code before delivering them to your inbox.
- We have deployed endpoint protection on all LC computers and servers to actively monitor our computing environments in real time and to prevent known malicious behavior from occurring.
- We have added a layer of security to our account creation process to include multiple checks on the authenticity of new users.
- We are strengthening password requirements and will shortly launch cybersecurity training and awareness campaigns.
For those of you who were enrolled last spring, we want you to know that you will be contacted directly as soon as the investigation is complete if any of your protected information is confirmed to have been compromised in the March 2023 cyberattack.
Please do your part by staying alert for phishing and practicing good cyber hygiene. Wishing you a cyber-safe semester!