Join the Institutional Committees!
Institutional Student Representatives are being recruited to serve on a variety of academic and student life standing and special committees that the college organizes. These institutional committees differ from ASB’s committee structure since they are overseen by college administrators and faculty members. In this role, representatives will share their thoughts and comments, on behalf of their peers, on a variety of topics that impact all students. Read below for detailed expectations and descriptions of the various committees.
A Student Representative will:
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings (frequency varies by committee)
- Advocate on behalf of the student body, on relevant topics as they relate to each committee
- Take notes in meetings and submit summaries to the ASB President or designee within a timely manner after each meeting
Institutional committees focus on varied academic and student life interests. You can be the student voice! Current committees are listed below.
- Budget Advisory Committee
- Library and Educational Technology Committee
- Curriculum Committee and Course Proposal Committee
Student Life Committees:
- Vice President for Student Life Student Advisory Committee
- Career Center Student Advisory Board
- Student Health Advisory Board
For more information including how to be involved with the Institutional Committers, click HERE.