Phonathon Caller Job Description
Students make the best ambassadors for L&C
Student callers are essential to the success of fundraising at L&C and to maintaining strong relationships with alumni and parents. Students are the best ambassadors to talk about the L&C experience - because they’re living it.
This position requires excellent communication skills, a problem-solving mentality, the ability to think on your feet in a fast-paced environment, and a genuine affinity for Lewis & Clark. Working on the Phonathon team is a great opportunity to improve your communication, fundraising, and public relations skills for life after L&C.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as an ambassador by establishing an open and engaging line of communication between the College and its supporters.
- Gain an understanding of the College, its organizational structure, and its annual needs for financial support.
- Call constituents (alumni, parents and friends of L&C) to build rapport, update demographic information and acquire gifts to the Annual Fund.
- Work with other callers in a team oriented environment to further the development of the student calling program and reach goals.
- Commit to a minimum of 7.5-11.25 hours (2-3 shifts) per week.
- Arrive on time and with a positive attitude to calling sessions.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Have a good time and make new friends!
- Competitive wages: Phonathon callers make $11.00/hour, with opportunities for bonuses and advancement.
- Build your resume: Develop strong public relations, fundraising, communication, and marketing skills.
- Network: Converse with alumni in various professions all across the United States.
- Incentives: Prizes, snacks, pizza parties, and end-of-semester celebrations.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.