Posting an Opportunity
Full-Time & Internship Positions
Please note that the Career Center primarily promotes full-time and internship positions for undergraduate students and recent alumni applicants. For details, please read below and review Lewis & Clark’s Handshake Guidelines.
All full-time jobs, internships, career-track jobs, and summer postings are posted through our office’s online job posting database, handshake. It benefits employers to create an account in handshake and post positions to ensure that you are recruiting the most qualified candidates and have complete control over changes to the recruiting timeline or removal of the posting.
New Handshake users can go to handshake and create a profile using the tips below.
Existing Handshake users do not need to create a new account. Use your current log in information, click on “Schools” on the left hand menu and type in Lewis & Clark College in the search bar to “Request Approval”. Handshake offers step-by-step directions on how to post an active job to additional schools for assistance.
Should you need any assistance please contact Amanda Wheaton, Employer Relations Coordinator.
Part-time positions (ideal for students looking for positions during the school year) are posted through Student Employment in our Human Resources Department as they also oversee student employment here on campus.
Should you experience any difficulties please contact Heather DeLancett, Student Employment Coordinator.
Tips to Make the Most of Your Posting
To help your position stand out and to expedite approval of your position, include the following items in your posting:
- Information about your company, including:
- Who you are – general information about the organization such as address, mission, achievements, products and services, divisions and departments, etc.
- Key stats – employer statistics such as stock symbol, annual revenue, number of employees, etc.
- Organizational culture – information about your work environment, career track, training, etc.
- Information about the position:
- Specific application instructions and deadlines
The Career Center reserves the right to prohibit the posting of any position in our recruiting system. Employers and third-party recruiting agencies that recruit students and alumni for any of the following types of positions will not be provided with any services.
- All positions where students would be providing domestic care for private individuals. (To post these types of positions, visit student employment).
- All positions from employers and third-party recruiting organizations that require students and alumni to pay a fee prior to employment.
- All positions with organizations that provide financial incentives to staff who recruit new hires for the organization and/or for which the recruiting staff member receives a portion of the new hire’s commission.