Posting an Opportunity
Please note that the Career Center only serves undergraduate students and alumni.
All full-time jobs, internships, career-track jobs, and summer postings are posted through our office’s online job posting database, handshake. We ask that all employers create an account in handshake and post positions so we can ensure that the position is posted to your specifications and so you have complete control over changes to the position or removal of the posting. Once there, you will have three options:
- Register and Post a Local Job
- Consider making your posting LC Priority. LC Priority is a “handshake” agreement that you will make LC applications a priority. In turn, we will share our electronic resume book with you. The resume book is generated by our Resume Challenge and will introduce you to our motivated, inspired, innovative and analytical students. For more information, or to give your posting LC Priority, email us at email@example.com.
Alternatively, part-time positions (ideal for students looking for positions during the school year) are posted through Student Employment in our Human Resources Department as they also oversee student employment here on campus.
Should you experience any difficulties please contact Heather DeLancett, Student Employment Coordinator.
Make the Most of Your Posting
Your posting is searchable by over 2,100 students and over 1,000 recent graduates. To help your position stand out and to expedite approval of your position, include the following items in your posting:
- Information about your company, including:
- Who you are – general information about the organization such as mission, achievements, products and services, divisions and departments, etc.
- Key stats – employer statistics such as stock symbol, annual revenue, number of employees, etc.
- Company culture – information about your work environment, career track, training, etc.
- Information about the position:
- Specific application instructions and deadlines
The Career Center reserves the right to prohibit the posting of any position in our recruiting system. Employers and third-party recruiting agencies that recruit students and alumni for any of the following types of positions will not be provided with any services.
- All positions where students would be providing domestic care for private individuals. (To post these types of positions, visit student employment).
- All positions from employers and third-party recruiting organizations that require students and alumni to pay a fee prior to employment.
- All positions with organizations that provide financial incentives to staff who recruit new hires for the organization and/or for which the recruiting staff member receives a portion of the new hire’s commission.