Icebreakers are fun ways to bond your organization or get your meeting off to a great start. Here are some ideas from the Office of Student Activities:
Two truths and a lie
If you were a(n) ________, what kind of _______ would you be and why?
- super hero
- clothing item
- hair style
- course offered at LC
- weather system or natural phenomenon
- dance move
- New Year’s resolutions
- Human knot
- Roses & thorns/happies & crappies/temperature check/highs & lows
- What would you do with a million dollars?
- What did you do over the weekend/holiday break?
- Name, year, position in group, field of study, & underwear color
- Spectrum (ask a question: meat or potatoes? cats or dogs? fly or drive? shaken or stirred? etc. and members move to one side of the room to indicate their choice)
- Why did you join this group?
- Porn star/movie star/Star Wars/etc. name (formulas can be found online)
- Fill in a Mad Lib together
- Chubby Bunny
- Name your favorite __________
- Take some M&Ms or jellybeans; for every one you take, say something about yourself
- Spell out your name with your rear end
- Brief, one-song dance party
- Human scavenger hunt (i.e. find someone born in the same month, who’s been to Europe, prefers fruit to candy, wears contacts, broken an arm, etc.)