- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Classical Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- Foreign Languages
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
2013 Session I: May 20 - June 28
2013 Session II: July 1 - August 9
For many students, Summer Sessions is a time to catch up on course work or get ahead in their studies. But what many don’t know is that summer is also a time to save money. Students who enroll in summer courses save 30 percent on tuition.
Summer courses offer other benefits as well: They are smaller than courses during fall and spring, and they give students opportunities to interact more closely with faculty through field trips and hands-on experiences. Additionally, many popular classes that fill up during the academic year are offered during the summer.
Whether it is to satisfy a general education requirement or partake in a unique summer-only course, Summer Sessions has something for everyone. So this summer, stay in town, save a few extra dollars, and involve yourself in summer learning.
View the 2013 course list to see all of the ways you can,
- Meet general education requirements
- Earn up to 9 semester credits in each of our two 6-week sessions
- Focus on a new subject for fun
- Get ahead in your major
- Experience Portland’s best season
Dig into our summer stories to find out what our faculty and students have to say about their summer courses.