Transfer Application Checklist
All documents listed on the transfer application checklist are required for a complete application to Lewis & Clark. Your file will not be reviewed until all documents are received. There is no application fee.
- Online Common Application, including essay and supplemental questions.
- Official college transcript(s) for all college coursework completed, including coursework completed prior to high school graduation.
- Official high school transcript including verification of graduation. This is required of all transfer applicants, even if you’ve been out of high school for several years and/or have been awarded an AA degree. If you took the GED or other high school proficiency exam, we require an official score report as well as transcripts for any completed high school coursework. See question #6 of the Transfer FAQ for more information.
- A record of SAT or ACT scores (on your final secondary school transcript or from the testing agency) unless you have verified with the transfer counselor that you will have completed at least 61 semester (92 quarter) transferable credits prior to enrollment at Lewis & Clark. Students applying via the Test-Optional Portfolio Path are not required to submit these scores. See question #7 of the Transfer FAQ for more information.
- The Common Application’s Academic Evaluation or a letter of recommendation completed by a college instructor who has taught you in a full credit, traditional academic (non-performance or studio) class. Test-Optional Portfolio Path applicants must submit two academic instructor evaluations. See question #8 of the Transfer FAQ for more information.
- Complete list of current and projected courses. This is a list of all the classes you are currently taking and those you plan to take prior to enrolling at Lewis & Clark. You may include this information in the appropriate section of the Common Application, use our online form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of courses. Please be sure to include course numbers, course titles, and the credit amount each course carries.
- Statement of good standing from your current/most recent institution. Some applicants may be required to provide this documentation. The admissions committee will notify you if this is required and will provide you with instructions on how to obtain the needed information. See question #9 of the Transfer FAQ for more information.
Note: Personal interviews are an optional part of the application process. If you’re wondering whether you should schedule an interview, read the top ten questions about Lewis & Clark College interviews.