El Pomar Foundation Summer Internship
September 18, 2016
The El Pomar Internship is a unique summer program that provides continuing undergraduate students an introduction to the nonprofit sector and an opportunity to develop professional interests and skills. Interns work with and are mentored by leaders in philanthropy. They serve an important role by providing administrative support for the Foundation’s offices. Interns receive assignments based upon the Foundation’s needs and, to the extent possible, the interns’ interests. A weekly professional development series provides insight into and practice in a professional atmosphere. Past classes have received training in investments, grant-making, public speaking, and career planning. Each intern fulfills an individual role, but also receives meaningful interaction with the intern class. While each intern has a distinct learning experience, all have the opportunity to learn concepts through hands-on practice and receive the support and guidance to develop professionally.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a four-year university or college
- Applicants should have a Colorado connection, e.g. be a state resident, have attended an in-state college/university, or have family who are current/past residents
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in public and/or community service
- Applicants must have the ability to complete standard business correspondence, database management, and spreadsheet applications
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership potential, the ability to work as a member of a team, and the capacity to work under the direction of others
- Applicants must possess strong verbal and writing skills
- Applicants must demonstrate personal initiative, determination, and a commitment to excellence, personal growth, and professional development
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work in a professional environment.
- Applicants must be able to work during the summer months, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Cover letter describing interest in the Internship, career aspirations, and specific position interest, if known (please see website for updated position descriptions)
- College transcript(s)
- Two letters of recommendation (maximum)
Deadline: February 13, 2017