Board of Alumni Meeting
Date: 10:00am - 5:00pm PST February 4
Thursday, February 2, 2017
- Founders Day Celebration! 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Stamm - Everyone Invited - Aron, Hillary, Mike, Sheila (Chris W might arrive after 3:00pm).
- Executive Committee Meeting, 4:00 pm, Gatehouse - Mike, Hillary, Andrew
- Dinner with Students, 6:00 pm, Pavilion - BOA members: Aron, Carla, Chris O., Chris S., Jonathan, Sheila. Maybe Barbara. Students: Drake MacFarlane (Piolog Editor), Marrissa Valdez (ASLC Treasurer), Andrea Blobel Perez & Uwella Rubuga (ISLC), Katie Kowal & Irene Duba (students majoring in Physics), Athletic Council student reps - will attend, waiting for name(s).
Friday, February 3, 2017
- Morning Classes - Our student assistant Victoria Bonds should be in touch, please respond to her, and after you confirm she will get you the classroom location. Chris O. (Economics/Poli Sci), Chris W. (Science), Jonathan (Sociology, Communications, Poli Sci), Aron (International Affairs, Communications, Geology).
- Lunch with Faculty, 12:40 pm, Albany 220 – (faculty reps from English, Ethnic Studies, Education, Entrepreneurship, E&D) Chris O., Jim, Jonathan, Sheila.
- Afternoon Class – Our student assistant Victoria Bonds should be in touch, please respond to her, and after you confirm she will get you the classroom location. Aron, (International Affairs, Communications, Geology), Sheila (English).
- Administration Committee, 5:00 pm, Montieth Room in Templeton (near College Outdoors Office) - Dith, Vicki, Barbara, Brian, Grant, Jim, Stacey.
- Alumni Honors Banquet, 6:30 pm, Stamm
Saturday, February 4, 2017
- Light Breakfast, Pavilion,8:00 am to 10:00 am
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Pavilion, 8:10 am to 8:55 am - Andrew, Brian, Carla, Hanako, Jonathan, Joshua, Koko, Stacey (Aukeem, Dan, and Hilary will not be attending). This committee can go until 9:45 if you want extra time but Jonathan has another meeting.
- Alumni Recognition Committee, Gatehouse, 8:10 am to 8:55 am - Emily, Cathy, Barbara, Chris O., Chris W., Hillary, Sheila.
- Alumni Outreach Committee, Gatehouse, 9:00 am to 9:45 am - Dith, Sheila, Vicki, Jonathan, Hillary, Chris S., Cathy, Aron.
○ Please note: Barbara, Chris O. and Chris W. will have break until 9:45 am
- Gather to start Meeting, Pavilion 9:45 am
- Board of Alumni Business Meeting Session I, Pavilion, 10:00 am
Approval of Minutes
- Requested Speakers: Athletics, Pavilion, 10:15 am
Shana Levine, Director of Athletics and Physical Education
Jay Locey, Head Football Coach
Pamela Findlay, Head Women’s Basketball Coach
- Possible break to visit one on one, Pavilion 11:00 am
- Introduction of Interim President, Pavilion, 11:15 am
Anna Gonzalez, Dean of Students
David Ellis, Interim President
- BOA lunch with Student Alumni Association Ambassadors, Smith Hall, 11:45am
- Board of Alumni Business Meeting Session II, Pavilion, 1:15 pm
○ Fundraising Liaison - Jim and Stephen (15m)
○ Albany Society Board of Directors - Donna Manning (10m)
○ Administration Committee - Vicki (25m)
○ Alumni Outreach Committee - Sheila (25m)
○ Break-out Session: Book store review questions (15m)
○ Student Alumni Association (10m)
○ Career Support Committee (10m)
○ Alumni Recognition (10m)
○ Diversity and Inclusion Committee (10m)
○ APP Report (35m)
○ Observations from BOA members attending classes, mtg students and faculty. (15m)
○ Other Topics (15m)
○ By 4:30 pm - Close of Board of Alumni Meeting
- Board of Alumni Social and Dinner, About 5:45 pm
Portland Brewery in the private Taproom. 2730 NW 31st, Portland OR. Dinner by 7:00 pm. Buffet Dinner including Caesar and pasta salads, Wild Salmon, Rotisserie Chicken, Ribs, Beer Muffins.