What to Bring to College
Remember that you are always able to purchase items here. Oregon has no sales tax so you might save yourself a decent chunk of change. We will have a trip to a local grocery and hardware store (Fred Meyer) during NSO where you can pick up a lot of the essentials at discounted student prices.
If you are worried about shopping while you get here, you can look into pre-purchase options. Places such as Bed, Bath & Beyond allow you to use their scanners to decide what you want in a store near your home and they will have boxes ready to go with what you ordered at home in a store near here.
The long distance move can be done, but you should start thinking about your needs sooner rather than later. As always, call or e-mail 503-768-7182 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Insurance Cards
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Checkbook/ATM Card
- Work Study Eligibility Documentation
- Alarm Clock
- First Aid Kit
- Raincoat and/or Umbrella
- Linens: sheets (extra-long twin), comforters, pillow cases
- Mattress Pad
- Towels and Washcloths
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes
- Laundry detergent/Dryer sheets
- Laundry basket
- Desk Supplies: scissors, notebooks, binders, etc.
- Wall Decorations
- Computer; check out these helpful links from IT
- Musical Instruments (no amplified music in the residence halls, though!)
- Bike/Bike Lock
- Kitchen Utensils/Dishes
- Electric Kettle
- MiniFridge (minifridge/microwave combo can be rented- click here)
- Desk Lamp
- Memo Board
- Surge Protector for computer (possibly with some extra plugs)
These items are only suggested. You know yourself and your needs best, be sure to consider what will make you the most comfortable in your new living environment. Also, be sure to communicate with your roommate(s) so you don’t end up with a room stocked with two of everything. Use your NSO Coordinator and Orientation Facebook group to communicate with LC students who have made this transition before.