What to Bring to College
Pack your COVID Kit:
Be sure your packing list includes all of these items:
- 3-5 reusable/washable face coverings. It is a State of Oregon and Lewis & Clark policy that face coverings be worn by all individuals (faculty, staff, students, and visitors) in any and all public spaces at all times. Please visit the policy and FAQs at https://www.lclark.edu/news/2020-plans/ for more information. When you arrive on campus, we will also provide you with two cloth face coverings.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Reusable thermometer, with extra batteries (if applicable)
- Disinfecting wipes
- Laundry detergent
- Facial tissues
- Copies of health insurance cards (if applicable)
- Prescription medications and over the counter medication (i.e., fever-reducing medication such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen)
- Mobile device or laptop (including headphones with a microphone) to continue your classes should you have to quarantine or self-isolate.
- Update your emergency contact on Webadvisor.
- Insurance Cards
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Checkbook/ATM Card
- Work Study Eligibility Documentation
- Alarm Clock
- First Aid Kit
- Raincoat and/or Umbrella
- Linens: sheets (extra-long twin), comforters, pillow cases
- Mattress Pad
- Towels and Washcloths
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes
- Laundry detergent/Dryer sheets
- Laundry basket
- Desk Supplies: scissors, notebooks, binders, etc.
- Wall Decorations
- Computer; check out these helpful links from IT
- Musical Instruments (no amplified music in the residence halls, though!)
- Bike/Bike Lock
- Kitchen Utensils/Dishes
- Electric Kettle
- MiniFridge (minifridge/microwave combo can be rented- click here)
- Desk Lamp
- Memo Board
- Surge Protector for computer (possibly with some extra plugs)
These items are only suggested. You know yourself and your needs best, be sure to consider what will make you the most comfortable in your new living environment. Also, be sure to communicate with your roommate(s) so you don’t end up with a room stocked with two of everything.