Hello New LC Student!
We know that the transition to college requires a lot of preparation. New Student Orientation is here to help you in this transition, beginning in the summer and continuing into the school year. Check this website and the NSO Checklist often to make sure that you are on track with the orientation process.
New students will make their admissions decision by May 1st. On May 3rd, 2021, the New Student Checklist will go live on the NSO website. While most items cannot be started until May 12th, we encourage new students to look ahead at the required tasks and make time in their summer schedule to complete all required items on the checklist.
- The New Student Checklist
New Student Trips
- All new students are invited to participate in New Student Trips! Facilitated by the office of College Outdoors, New Student Trips (NSTs), allow students to meet others and adventure through the outdoors before orientation.
- For information on the NSO fee, E-bills, financial aid, and more, please view our financial information page.
- For more information on campus housing for incoming students, please view campus living’s incoming students page.
In August, students should plan their journey to the Lewis & Clark College campus. Below are some links about resources that new students will find useful during their move to Portland, Oregon.
Shipping Items to Campus
- Learn how to properly label and ship items to the college.
- Local Banking Information
- Learn what to bring to L&C!
- Arrival to Campus and Check-in Information
On Wednesday, August 25th, NSO 2021 will begin! Students should plan on arriving for move-in between 8am and 3pm. Orientation activities start around 3:30pm, so we suggest you arrive with ample time to move items into your room and prepare to engage with your orientation group. During the first NSO welcome, parents and family members will be invited to participate in our Parents and Family programming events. More information on NSO and Parents and Family schedules will be forthcoming.