Logging in to WebAdvisor
This summer you’ll use the website WebAdvisor for a variety of tasks, including registering for your courses. Getting on to WebAdvisor is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to webadvisor.lclark.edu. (Clicking this will open a new tab in your browser so you can click back here for the step by step instructions.)
- Click on Log In.
- In the field for User ID, enter the first part of your new email address, up to the @ symbol. (For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then your User ID is smith).
- In the field for Password, enter the password you created to log in to your email account. If you are unsure about your password, you can reset it.
- Click on Students.
Search for Courses and Prepare to Register
After your transcripts have been processed, your summer advisor will contact you in order to answer your questions and help you plan your courses. On August 1 and 3, you will be able to register for your fall semester courses. The typical course load is 16 to 17 credits. (Your 4-credit Exploration and Discovery section will be entered for you if you are required to take this course.)
We’ve provided worksheets below for you to download to help you plan your schedule. You can find the official list of fall 2018 courses by visiting go.lclark.edu/college_registrar and selecting Course Schedule from the gray sidebar. Additionally, the FAQ at the bottom of this page may be useful, or you can contact College Advising Center, at 503-768-7600 or email@example.com.
The instructions below will guide you through how to use WebAdvisor to search for classes and save them in a Preferred Sections list. This list is like a shopping cart. When the time comes to register, you can return to this list to easily complete your registration. Visit go.lclark.edu/college/webadvisor/video for a step-by-step video of the process.
☑ Step 1: Search for Courses with WebAdvisor
- Visit WebAdvisor. (Clicking this link will open a new tab in your browser so you can click back here to follow the step by step instructions.)
- Log in using your WebAdvisor User ID and password.
- Under Registration, select Register for Sections.
- Choose Search and Register for Sections.
- From the Term drop-down menu, select CAS-Fall 2018.
- To search for courses in a particular subject area, simply enter the name of the subject and click Submit. (You may search the course offerings of up to five subjects at once, but it is not necessary to fill the entire search form.) You can also narrow your search by choosing criteria from other menus such as days of the week of course meetings.
- To learn more about a particular course, click on its orange section name and title. An information window will pop up. If the course interests you, check if there are any prerequisites or restrictions.
- Once you find a course listing that intrigues you, place it in your Preferred Sections list by checking the box next to the section name and title and clicking Submit. (You can remove a section from this list at any time by using the Action drop-down menu next to the course you wish to remove.)
- Continue looking for courses to add to your Preferred Sections list by clicking on Search for Sections. Choose several interesting alternatives in case you need them.
- When you are finished, log out of WebAdvisor.
☑ Step 2: Find Your Registration Times
This summer you will register for your fall semester courses. On August 1 and August 3, you will have specific registration times that start at or after 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
During your first registration appointment on August 1, you will be able to register for one course of your choosing. (Remember, you will automatically be registered for your Exploration and Discovery course.) During your final registration time on August 3, you will register for the remainder of your courses.
The instructions below explain how to find your appointment times for each day of registration. This information will be available as soon as you create your Lewis & Clark account.
- Go to WebAdvisor. (Clicking this link will open a new tab in your browser so you can click back to follow the step by step instructions.)
- Log in using your WebAdvisor User ID and password (click the “Getting Ready” tab if you have questions about this step).
- Click on Students.
- Under Registration, select Registration Permissions and choose 18/FA CAS-Fall 2018. You should now be able to see the dates and times at which you are scheduled to register for your courses. All times are provided in PDT.
☑ Step 3: Connect With Your Faculty Advisor or the College Advising Center (CAC)
If you have questions or would like to talk about potential fall semester courses, contact the CAC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-768-7600, or schedule a phone appointment online at https://college_advising.youcanbook.me/.
☑ Step 4: Finalize Your Fall Semester Schedule
When you consider possible courses, it’s important to make sure their meeting times do not conflict with each other or with the Exploration and Discovery (Core 106) sections you listed, if applicable. (Remember that your section of Exploration and Discovery will be emailed to your L&C email address on July 7.) We’ve provided courses to consider and worksheets above to help you plan your schedule. To use the forms, do the following:
- Watch the What Makes a Good Schedule? video at go.lclark.edu/advising/videos
- List the courses you are interested in taking on the Registration Worksheet.
- Place the courses in the appropriate time block on the Academic Scheduling Worksheet to make sure that courses do not overlap or conflict.
- Be sure that your course choices, including your alternate courses, are on your Preferred Sections list in WebAdvisor
- If you need help, contact the College Advising Center at email@example.com, 503-768-7600, or https://college_advising.youcanbook.me/.
☑ Step 6: Register for Courses
On August 1 and 3, log in to WebAdvisor at your assigned appointment times. Your ability to register for certain courses will depend on our receipt and evaluation of your final college transcript(s) from your previous institution(s). After planning your courses, you are ready to complete your registration by doing the following:
- Log in to WebAdvisor User ID and password.
- From the Students menu, choose Register for Sections.
- Select Register for Previously Selected Sections to access your Preferred Sections list.
- From the Action drop-down menu next to the section you wish to register for, select Register.
- Scroll down and select Submit.
- Double-check that your registration was successful by going to the Students menu, selecting Academic Profile, then My Class Schedule, and then choose CAS-Fall 2018.
- Log out of WebAdvisor.
First Registration Appointment: August 1
During the first round of registration, you will register for one 4-credit or 5-credit course (and accompanying lab/discussion if applicable). Because you can only register for one class at this time, register for the one that is most important to you. For step-by-step instructions to search for courses and register, follow step 1 and 5 above.
Final Registration Appointment: August 3
During your final registration appointment, you will register for all remaining courses. Remember you will already be registered for 8 or 9 credits. You must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits to reach full-time status. In most cases, students register for 16 or 17 credits each semester. The maximum number of credits you can take is 19.
At this time you will also register for your Pioneer Success Institute (PSI) section. The section you select must accommodate your course selections and athletic schedule. PSI is a noncredit-bearing seminar, so it will not affect your total credits for the semester. Wait Lists
If a course is already full during your WebAdvisor registration time, you can put your name on a wait list using the same screen you would use to register (select Wait List from the drop-down menu, and then Submit). After you place yourself on the wait list, be sure to register for another course that is open. Always put yourself on the wait list first. If you are registered for the maximum number of allowable credits, you will not be able to wait list yourself for a course.
If your name is on a wait list and a space becomes available while WebAdvisor registration is still open (through August 17), the registrar’s office will email your Lewis & Clark account and you will have two days to register before the spot is offered to someone else. If a spot does not open up before classes begin, you can contact the professor and/or attend the first day of class and the instructor will explain how they will be handling the wait list.
If you are unable to get into a course this fall, don’t be discouraged. We pride ourselves in the small class sizes at Lewis & Clark and some do fill up. You will have plenty of chances to take that course in subsequent semesters.
Declaring Your Major
If you are prepared to declare your major(s), you can do so once you arrive at Lewis & Clark.* The form is available on the Registrar’s website atwww.lclark.edu/college/offices/registrar/forms.php. It requires your major advisor’s signature. Your major advisor typically is the chair of the department. If you have questions, please contact the College Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-768-7600, or schedule a phone appointment online at https://college_advising.youcanbook.me/.
*All transfer students must officially declare a major at Lewis & Clark