Professionals of Color Network
The Lewis & Clark Professionals of Color Network was created to fulfill the need for Lewis & Clark faculty and staff of Color to have opportunities to get together, network, and make connections with one another. The purpose of this network is to provide an opportunity for faculty and staff to make connections with one another and build a community of support.
The Professionals of Color Support Network is sponsored by the Department of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement, the Office of the Dean of Students, and the Chair of Diversity and Inclusion.
Past Group Discussions:
- Having Courageous Conversations About Race: How do we start?
- Communities of Color in Portland: Challenges and Opportunities
- Support Out Students of Color: Implications for Recruitment and Retention of Underrepresented Students
- Post-Racial in America and Lewis & Clark: Fact or Fiction?
- The issue of Critical Mass and Employees of Color: Analyzing Previous Efforts and Identifying Potential New Solutions.
- Upcoming Faculty/Staff Searches: Strategies for Representation.
- The Bicultural Experience for People of Color at Lewis & Clark
- Cultural Competency at Lewis & Clark: What Should We Expect People to Know?
- Professional Development for Employees of Color: How Can We Support Each Other for the Next Step?
- Other Educators of Color in Portland: How are Their Experiences Similar or Dissimilar?