Programs and Services
Great Expectations provides the following programs and services at no cost to you!
- 2-Day Fall retreat in partnership with College Outdoors* with workshops, team building activities, and more!
- Access to college administrators, faculty, staff, and resources
- Workshops for college success (such as time management, learning styles, course success, library research, campus life, etc.)
- A LEAP Mentor
- Off-campus excursions and social activities
- Individual semester check-ins with staff
- A strong community and network of students, staff, and faculty
These programs and services are designed to support your transition to Lewis & Clark College and set you up for academic and social success!
*College Outdoors provides the Lewis & Clark College community with access to the spectacular outdoor environments of the Pacific Northwest through a variety of activities.
LEAP Mentors are trained to assist you in your transition to LC and will help get you connected to our campus community and resources!
Making the transition to Lewis & Clark College, regardless of academic ability, comes with many new challenges, growth, and changes that one may not have ever expected. It is important to remember that you are not alone in this transition! Our LEAP Mentors are upperclass students who know too well some of the issues incoming new students face when transitioning to Lewis & Clark College. These mentors are eager to pass along some advice and knowledge as well as help you get connected to the Lewis & Clark community!
LEAP Mentors are exceptional student leaders who can be a resource for you regarding information about academics, study and time management skills, student organizations, campus life, and other co-curricular activities. As a part of GE and the LEAP program, you can expect regular, weekly contact with your LEAP mentor and access to programs, events, and off-campus socials only available to mentors and mentees!