Be a part of the GREAT EXPECTATIONS experience!
Community. Achievement. Success.
Great Expectations (GE) is a program designed to help incoming first-generation college students and/or students of color transition into Lewis & Clark College. As a part of GE, you are invited to attend a two-day retreat where you will have direct access to staff, faculty, students, alumni, and resources. You will meet other students in a small and supportive community, bond with your LEAP peer mentor, find answers to your questions about college, and get guidance in your first year as you navigate campus life. GE is the kickoff retreat, and the connections made there will continue in the yearlong GE Mentorship Program throughout your first year at Lewis & Clark!
The goal of Great Expectations is to facilitate the smooth transition of students of color and first-generation college students into Lewis & Clark by:
- Connecting new students with returning students, as well as staff and faculty, to develop a strong sense of community
- Providing strategies for academic success
- Helping to identify and take advantage of campus resources and opportunities
Great Expectations provides the following programs and services at no cost to you!
- 2-Day Fall retreat with workshops, team building activities, and more!
- Access to college administrators, faculty, staff, and resources
- Workshops for college success (such as time management, learning styles, course success, library research, campus life, etc.)
- A peer mentor
- A strong community and network of students, staff, and faculty
This program is designed to support your transition to Lewis & Clark College and set you up for academic and social success!