Student Media Fee Opt-Out
This site will enable you to opt-out of the Student Media Fee that was approved by the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark (ASLC).
Student Media Fee
All student-produced media are supported in whole by the Student Media Fee.
- (pause.) : Journal of Dramatic Expression
- artEXPO : Journal of Arts in the Liberal Arts
- KLC Radio
- Lewis & Clark Literary Review
- Living Mosaic : Environmental Studies Journal
- The Meridian : Journal of International and Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- The Pioneer Log : Lewis & Clark’s weekly student-run newspaper
- Polyglot : Journal of Foreign Languages and Cultural Expression
- Synergia : Creative Journal of Gender and Sexuality
Student media is valuable at Lewis & Clark in establishing and preserving an atmosphere of free and responsible discussion and intellectual exploration within the College community. As public forums for student expression, students determine the content of all student media without prior review. To that end, the Student Media Board and the fee it manages exists to ensure that a free and responsible student media are maintained at Lewis & Clark College.
Started by a student led initiative in the spring of 2011, the Student Senate of the Associated Students of Lewis & Clark established the student media fee of $20 per semester. Student leaders feel strongly that as a community they can support the Student Media Board’s guarantee a free and responsible student media with a opt-out student media fee.
If you would like to learn more about our student media fee, please contact Ciara Dolan, Student Media Board Chair or the Office of Student Activities. If you prefer not to participate in the student media fee program you must opt-out each semester.
The Student Media Fee opt-out is available through WebAdvisor: Student Initiatives Opt-Out.