Hu/Hsieh Internship Grant Application
Step 1: Prepare Applicant Information
Prepare your personal information for entry into online application. Personal information includes:
- contact information
- year of graduation
If your internship placement has been secured, prepare information including:
- Internship site name and location
- Type of organization (for-profit, not-for-profit, government)
- Length of internship
- Hours per week
- A paragraph detailing your tasks and responsibilities during the internship
If your site has not been secured, prepare a list of the top 3 internship sites you are pursuing.
Step 2: Resume
Prepare a resume to be uploaded with application. See the Career Center’s tips for building a resume.
Step 3: Essay
Prepare an essay that clearly addresses the following questions:
Three Page Maximum, double-spaced.
- How will the successful completion of this internship relate to your future career and/or academic plans?
- How will the award impact your ability to complete this internship?
- What do you hope to learn from this internship experience?
- How do you plan to apply what you will learn from this experience?
- Why are you interested in working in the private sector?
Essay will be uploaded to online application.
Step 4: Letters of Recommendation
Include at least one faculty recommendation with your application. The recommender should be able to assess your personal initiative, motivation and suitability for the internship. Ask the faculty recommender to upload their recommendation using the online form. The recommendation is due by the application deadline of April 2, 2020 by 11:59pm. Therefore be considerate of your recommender’s time and be sure to plan ahead.
Step 5: Complete Online Application
If you have completed all of the information and documents from steps 1-5, continue on to the Online Application!
Selection Committee Process
The selection committee is typically made of 3-4 faculty members under the supervision of Career Center staff. Faculty are chosen from a variety of backgrounds. They have the option to serve for multiple/consecutive years if they are available. Faculty tend to rotate out based on commitments for that given year. Committee members are given a reading guide to coach them through the selection process.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
(2020 Application Coming Soon!)