Fowler & Levin Internship Award Application
Application Step 1: Prepare Applicant Information
Prepare your personal information for entry into online application. Personal information includes:
- Contact information
- Year of graduation
If your internship placement has been secured, prepare information including:
- Internship site name and location
- Type of organization (for-profit, not-for-profit, government)
- Length of internship
- Hours per week
- A paragraph detailing your tasks and responsibilities during the internship
If your site has not been secured, prepare a list of the top 3 internship sites you are pursuing.
Application Step 2: Resume
Prepare a resume to be uploaded with application. See the Career Development Center’s tips for building a resume.
Application Step 3: Essay
Prepare an essay that clearly addresses the following questions:
Three Page Maximum, double-spaced.
- How will the successful completion of this internship relate to your future career and/or academic plans?
- How will the award impact your ability to complete this internship?
- What do you hope to learn from this internship experience?
- How do you plan to apply what you will learn from this experience?
Essay will be uploaded to online application.
The committee is looking for students who demonstrate initiative and are pursuing experiences that are: unique, life changing, formative and inspiring.
Include at least one faculty recommendation with your application. The recommender should be able to assess your personal initiative, motivation and suitability for the internship. Ask the faculty recommender to upload their recommendation using the online form. The recommendation is due by the application deadline April 2, 2020 by 11:59pm. Therefore be considerate of your recommender’s time and be sure to plan ahead.
Application Step 5: Budget Estimate
Please list the expenses resulting from the internship as well as income attained. Please be as specific as possible and complete on a separate page. Remember to be clear, give a reason for your estimate and do not include: courses, car/bike maintenance or clothing. You will find a template here.
Application Step 6: Complete Online Application
If you have completed all of the information and documents from steps 1-5, continue on to the Online Application!