Early Housing Sign-up
*Forms must be submitted between 9am January 16th and 5pm February 9th to qualify for Early Sign-up incentives.*
Campus Living is extending to all rising junior and senior cohort groups a chance to sign-up early to secure campus housing for the 2018-19 academic year. We are very excited about this incentivized option and the benefits it affords to our upper division students.
How to Apply
1. Students interested in the living in the apartments should complete both a Lease Agreement and the Apartment Application, plus a Roommate Preference Sheet. (Only one Apartment Application necessary per group of roommates.) Because of the popularity of the apartments, please consider whether you might want to apply for a residence hall as a back-up.
Students interested in a single or double room in a residence hall (Juniper included) should complete a Residence Hall Contract and a Roommate Preference Sheet.
2. Submit your completed paperwork to the Office of Campus Living before 5pm on Friday, February 9th and draw your priority lottery number.
Why Apply Early?
Early sign-up gives you priority in the housing assignment process! In recent years, the apartments, Juniper, and most single rooms in Holmes filled during the early sign-up process, so if you want to live in these areas, early sign-up is a must! Don’t delay.
Campus Living is also waiving the $200 housing deposit for all students who apply during the early sign-up process. No money up front! However, should you cancel your early sign-up contract or lease at any point until the halls open in September 2018, you will be charged a $200 cancellation fee.
According to the news media, rental properties in the Portland area are hard to come by and rental rates continue to rise, so living on campus may be an alternative worth considering. Reserving now means no worries later.
Now, if that isn’t enough to cinch the deal or at least cause you to think seriously about this opportunity, we have also put together a list of additional “rewards.” We’re going all out to entice you to stay on campus! Incentives include:
-Meal Plan Options - RESERVED for Juniors, Seniors and Graduate students only:
- 100 Block Plan w/200 Flex ($1,822/semester*) - You can choose any 100 meals in Fields Dining Room during the semester and have 200 flex points to spend at any Bon Appetit location. Unused flex will carry over to the Spring, but unused meals will be lost at the end of the semester. This plan allows you to eat 1 meal each day (well, almost) during the semester.
- 50 Block Plan w/300 Flex ($1,492/semester*) - You can choose any 50 meals served in Fields Dining Room over the semester and have 300 flex points to spend at the other Bon Appetit outlets on campus. Unused flex carries over to Spring semester but unused meals are lost. This plan allows you to eat approximately 3 meals per week.
- Flex Only w/625 points ($650/semester*) for apartments dwellers only.
*Prices subject to Board of Trustee approval in February 2018.
Special Early Bird Sign-up Group Benefits
Here is an additional reason not to wait until the last minute! If your group submits all the required paperwork by 5pm on Friday, February 2nd, one full week before the advertised deadline, your group will be able to reduce your group lottery number by 10 full points increasing your chances of making the cut! Last year, the point spread between those who were awarded an apartment and those who were not was just 2 lottery points.
Complete applications received by Wednesday, February 7th by 5pm just two days before the deadline will receive a 5 point reduction in the group lottery number.
Why wait? Return your housing application to Campus Living between January 16 and February 9th at 5pm by completing a Lease Agreement and the Apartment Application or a Residence Hall Contract plus a Roommate Preference Sheet.
The deadline to submit your housing request and participate in early sign-up is February 9th at 5 PM. Check out our Early Sign-up FAQs for more details.