ASLC consists into the Cabinet and the Senate.
The Cabinet manages the government functions and executes the legislation.
- The Auditory provides resources and research on the institution of the College, proctors surveys, and manages and maintains ASLC’s archives.
- The Elections Committee ensures all elections are carried out in a smooth, fair, and constitutional fashion.
- The Engagement & Outreach Committee facilitates dialogues and activities between students, staff, faculty, and the greater Portland community. We try to promote a sense of community by hosting forums such as Common Hour and acting as an advocate for the interests of students.
- The Equity, Inclusion & Justice Committee exists to represent marginalized or otherwise underrepresented student groups, respond and make proactive efforts toward preventing hate and bias-related incidents, and protect the diverse identities and ideologies on campus, acknowledge and providing what student unions, student organizations, academic departments, extracurricular, and the ASLC otherwise cannot.
- The Finance Committee is responsible for distributing more than $30,000 for events throughout the year.
- The Student Academic Affairs Board is a unique part of the student government. It includes a grant program to fund student research initiatives and other academic expense and a tutoring program which organizes, funds, and manages a student-to-student tutoring program free-of-charge.
- The Student Organizations Committee funds and supports the work of more than 100 student organizations in cooperation with the Office of Student Activities.
- The Student Policy Advisory Committee provides students with opportunities to better understand college, state, and national rules and laws.
- The Student Resources Committee provides resources to students on issues including access to the New York Times, subsidies, etc.
The Senate drafts and passes legislation.
Senate includes twelve Senators elected by the student body in a school-wide election and nine Representatives representing their respective Unions.