Equity, Inclusion & Justice
The Equity, Inclusion, & Justice Committee (EIJC) is a student-run organization aimed at representing marginalized/ under-represented student groups.
EIJC is tasked with:
- Preventing / responding to hate and bias-related incidents
- Protecting / promoting diverse identities and ideologies on campus
- Acknowledging and providing necessities that ASB or academic departments usually cannot
- Redistributing funds toward equity causes and marginalized groups
- Ensuring equitable policy changes are made on-campus
EIJC is composed of Student Confidants that serve as anonymous, communicative outlets for members of the student community. These Student Confidants provide feedback to the EIJC detailing student comments, concerns, or experiences as it relates to the EIJC. Moreover, Student Confidants collect, retain, and distribute information pertaining to resources regarding diversity and inclusion offered both on and off-campus.