Research opportunities at Lewis & Clark are as varied as our students’ and faculty members’ interests.
In just one summer, faculty and students investigated topics as diverse as parallel computing and security, reaction-diffusion equations with applications in chemistry, social motivation and acoustic communication, and arachnids in the Caribbean. The only thing our research opportunities have in common is they all involve close collaboration between faculty and student researchers.
Lewis & Clark Research Opportunities
- 10-week full-time summer science research internship (up to $4600 funding) supported by the Rogers Program.
Special Initiatives in Environmental Studies.
Off-Campus Research Opportunities
Students should also investigate research opportunities offered through external organizations.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Programs sponsored by the National Science Foundation
- Research in physics, astronomy, and other fields
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) sponsored by National Labs
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Internships
- NASA Student Airborne Research Program (SARP)
- IBM Internships for Under-Represented Minorities
- IBM Internships for Women
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Internships
- Research in biology and related fields