Lewis & Clark College’s Summer Sessions Auditing Program allows non-degree seeking students* to attend regularly scheduled undergraduate classes at Lewis & Clark on a space-available basis. As an auditor, you may participate in classroom discussion at the instructor’s discretion, but you will not be required to take any examinations or complete any class assignments. Your name will appear on the class roster, and you will receive a final grade of “Audit” but you will not earn course credit.
The fee to audit courses will be posted in March. (For reference purposes only, the 2020 fee was $150 per credit hour, plus any additional course fees.) Auditors are welcome to take classes during the summer term only. Applications to Audit will be accepted after May 1.
To audit a course, please do the following:
- Complete the Application to Audit form. (Form will be available on March 5th.)
- Obtain the course instructor’s signature.
- Explain why you would like to audit the course, including any background you may have in the course field. You may write your response on the back of your application or submit it on a separate sheet of paper.
- Return the completed form and payment to the Registrar’s Office no later than one week before the start of the session.
Registration and participation in Summer Sessions does not constitute admission to any degree-granting program of the College.
* Current Lewis & Clark degree-seeking students and staff are not eligible to audit courses.