COVID-19 mitigation and mask requirements for Xplore
Covid-19 guidelines can change quickly and frequently, please check back on this page for updates!
Wearing a mask will be required in some situations during Xplore, so please pack enough so that you can wear a fresh one each day.
If at all possible, we kindly request that you wear a KN95 mask (or KF94, or N95 if you prefer), since these are significantly more effective than cloth face coverings.
If you cannot bring your own supply of KN95, KF94, or N95 masks, Xplore can provide either a KN95 or N95 for free when you arrive for the program. However, our supply is limited, so you might need to save and re-wear the same mask each day – it’s much better to bring your own and have a fresh mask every day!
Masks are NOT required:
- Outdoors when interacting with other Xplore members, or as long as at least 6 feet of distance can be maintained away from any individuals who are not participants or leaders of Xplore.
- While you are eating or sleeping.
Masks ARE required:
- During arrivals and check-in.
- Anytime you are in an indoor public space, including campus buildings.
- On group transportation.
All participants and leaders of Xplore are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, “breakthrough” cases are becoming more common with the delta variant, so precautions are still advised.
If you have any Covid-19 symptoms on the day you are scheduled to travel, DO NOT travel to Lewis & Clark College, unless you can get a negative Covid test before arriving on campus (more details below). When you arrive to check-in, you will be asked to complete the S.C.A.R.F. (Symptom Check And Reporting Form).
- If, when you arrive on campus, you report you have any symptoms or recent contact with anyone with Covid-19, you will need to do an additional consultation with the Student Health Center staff, and potentially get tested and possibly quarantine- unless of course you have proof of a negative Covid-19 test done within the last 72 hours. Coming to campus with Covid-19 symptoms and no proof of a negative Covid test could DEFINITELY impact your ability to participate in Xplore.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms in the days leading up to Xplore, or if you have been in contact with anyone who currently has Covid-19, you should definitely show up on the Lewis and Clark campus with proof of a negative Covid-19 test done within the past 72 hours of when you arrive. It must be a PCR, NAAT (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test), or molecular test (not an antigen test). Be aware that some of these tests can take several days to receive results, but if you ask for and schedule a rapid NAAT or rapid molecular test while you are in your hometown, you can sometimes get one in as little as a half hour. Most insurance plans cover the cost of the test if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Between now and the time you arrive on campus, always wear a mask in any indoor space where you do not know the vaccination status of everyone else present (such as a grocery store). This will significantly reduce the chances of you developing any Covid symptoms, whether they are from Covid-19 or another bug.