This program pairs first-year, first-generation students with a faculty mentor to work on a research project together. These paid positions are designed so new students receive an inside look at what it really means to be a scientist. There are no prerequisites or previous experience required, just a curiosity about science and research!
Key features of the Program:
• No previous research experience is required.
• The Program is competitive; not everyone who applies is guaranteed a position.
• The Program starts at the beginning of each semester and continues throughout the term.
• Participants are paid $12/hour for the 6-8 hours/week they are expected to spend on a research project.
• Participants coordinate their research schedule with their faculty mentors.