Think your study abroad experience is over? Think again!
There are so many ways to connect your overseas program to the Lewis & Clark and Portland community. Now that you’ve returned from studying abroad, we strongly encourage you to integrate your experience at LC by sharing stories with your peers, taking courses relevant to your program, and participating in the following opportunities:
- Get involved in pre-departure orientation. Help other students prepare for their journey abroad by sharing insights and best practices for going abroad. Fill out this form if you are interested in helping out during the pre-departure process.
- Start organizing your photos and planning which shots you’d like to submit to the Overseas Photo Contest. Each winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Photos from Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 programs will be available for submission in our next annual photo contest in Fall 2020.
- Attend the Returning from Abroad Dinner facilitated by Valerie White (campus Ombudsperson), Melissa Osmond (Associate Director for Health Promotion), and Isabelle DeMarte (Associate Professor of French) on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 6:00 PM in Smith Hall. This dinner is meant for anyone who studied abroad during the Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2019 semesters. Come join your fellow alums to process your experience and reflect on how you have changed, and will continue to do so, because of your experience. Please RSVP before January 24th at 4pm, here.
- Participate in a College Outdoors Trip. Sign up for snowshoeing on Saturday, February 1st on the trails around Oregon’s tallest volcano! Snowshoeing takes a fair amount of energy, but it is a great exercise and doesn’t require any previous experience.
- Schedule an appointment with Lewis & Clark’s Diplomat in Residence, Niels Marquardt. During his 33-year diplomatic career, Ret. Ambassador Niels Marquardt served as America’s top diplomat in Madagascar, Cameroon, Comoros, and Equatorial Guinea with additional service in Germany, France, Thailand, and the Republic of the Congo. Learn more about how to leverage your study abroad experience.
- Get involved with Student Leadership and Service (SLS) and engage with the greater Portland community. SLS offers ways to connect with local nonprofits and schools, explore new leadership skills, and to do something awesome with your spring break.
- Click here to learn about more resources and opportunities for returning students.