Think your study abroad experience is over? Think again!
There are so many ways to connect your overseas program to the Lewis & Clark and Portland community. Now that you’ve returned from studying abroad, we strongly encourage you to integrate your experience at LC by sharing stories with your peers, taking courses relevant to your program, and participating in the following opportunities:
- Get involved in pre-departure orientation. Help other students prepare for their journey abroad by sharing insights and best practices for going abroad. Fill out this form if you are interested in helping out during the pre-departure process.
- Start organizing your photos and planning which shots you’d like to submit to the Overseas Photo Contest. Each winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Photos from Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 programs will be available for submission in our next annual photo contest in Fall 2019.
- Attend the Returning from Abroad Dinner facilitated by Valerie White (campus Ombudsperson), Melissa Osmond (Associate Director for Health Promotion), and Isabelle DeMarte (Associate Professor of French) on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 6:00 PM in Stamm. This dinner is meant for anyone who studied abroad during the Spring 2019 and/or Fall 2018 semesters. Come join your fellow alums to process and reflect on your experiences overseas. Please RSVP here.
- Participate in a College Outdoors Trip. Sign up for a paddling excursion on one of the area’s great flat-water rivers, bays, or lakes. Paddle through beautiful scenery and see some wildlife–including eagles and great blue herons, among others. No experience is required, though kayaking requires some upper body strength. Date: Saturday, September 21st
- Get involved with Student Leadership and Service (SLS) and engage with the greater Portland community. SLS offers ways to connect with local nonprofits and schools, explore new leadership skills, and to do something awesome with your spring break.
- Click here to learn about more resources and opportunities for returning students.