You’re in! Here are the steps you need to complete to secure your spot. Deadlines will vary depending on program. Be sure to check your email so you don’t miss any important communications from our office!
1. Confirmation Form
- Each student will receive an individual link to the confirmation form in their acceptance email.
- You’ll need to have your health insurance card/policy information and immunization records on hand while filling out this form.
2. $300 Deposit Payment (Student Account Services)
- This payment is to be submitted to Student Account Services (lower level of Templeton).
- This can be in the form of cash, check, or online payment.
- CASH /CHECK: be sure to include a note with your student ID # and the semester you will be participating in. Checks should be made payable to Lewis & Clark College.
- ONLINE: If you are paying online, please be sure to specify the semester that you will be participating in.
- Questions can be addressed to your Student Account Specialist (Click here to find your Student Account Specialist).
- If you are a Davis Scholar, your deposit is automatically waived.
3. Color Passport Scan
- Don’t have a passport yet? Is your passport going to expire before 6 months after your program ends? Go here for more information!
- If you already have your passport, make sure the signature page is signed!
- Scan your passport in color. Make sure the scan is legible, and that all of the numbers are visible.
- A high quality photo of your passport is acceptable, but be sure to keep your fingers out of the image!
- Email the image to email@example.com.
- Non-US Passport Holders: Please contact our office before the end of the semester to schedule an appointment regarding applying for a visa for your program.
4. Contract Form
- Print and complete this form, and then turn in the hard copy with original signatures to the Overseas Office in Albany 206.
5. FERPA Release Form - Optional
FERPA protects the rights of students by guaranteeing access to their educational records while prohibiting unauthorized access by others. This form is optional.
- Should you wish someone to receive information about you, your program, your academic progress, your financial situation, etc. while you are gone, you should designate someone on this form. Without this official designation, we will not share any personal information about you or your program with any outside party, including parents/guardians.
- This form must be submitted to the Overseas & Off-Campus Programs office with your original signature.
- For more information, please follow this link.
6. Power of Attorney Form (Student Account Services) - Optional
- This form allows you to authorize someone other than yourself to endorse a check made payable to you and the college, such as financial aid funds or loan/scholarship checks.
- This should be submitted to Student Account Services (lower level of Templeton).
- If you have questions about the form, please direct your inquiries to Student Account Services.
TO SIGN THE FORM:
- The form must be signed in the presence of a notary. Make sure the attorney in fact box is completed before the student notary box is signed.
- In the first section, designate who can sign financial aid documents on your behalf, and sign in the presence of a notary. In the second section, have your designated person also sign in the presence of a notary.
- WHERE TO FIND A NOTARY
- Contact the Director of Overseas & Off-Campus Programs, Blythe Knott, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Programs Coordinator, Kaitlin Sommerfeld, at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Click here for a list of other notaries at the college. Please bring a driver’s license or other valid state ID with you (LC ID card is not accepted).
- Contact your local bank.
- Other places with notaries:
The UPS Store
9220 SW BARBUR BLVD, Ste 119, Portland, OR
AAAA Proserve Process Serving
9220 Southwest Barbur Boulevard #119, Portland, OR