Next term starts September 2019. Get program and application details.
With Lewis & Clark sponsorship, this non-profit international education association operates a program site in Strasbourg, France.
All students are registered at the University of Strasbourg. Most participants take some courses at the corresponding Center for French Studies for Foreigners. This is an institute of the public university located on the main campus. In addition, local faculty or staff offer seminar classes each semester (such as: the European Union; Intercultural Research Project which includes an internship: French Civilisation with Provincial Village Study).
Strasbourg Study Center
An office is maintained in the city-centre, a ten minute walk from the main campus. Students have access to most departments of the University of Strasbourg, which is also home to the International Institute for French Studies. Course offerings are also available with the Political Science Institute for students applying in advance.
Our aim is to facilitate individualised integrative learning for each participant, emphasising language and culture through a vigorous academic program-of-study, encouraging community involvement, family stays, and internships or interdisciplinary projects. In this way, we will educate for increased critical perspective, educate to develop self-awareness and educate to see greater reserves of intellectual and moral courage.
Internships are available for capable, dedicated and qualified students. A few examples:
- The European Parliament
- The French Red Cross
- AMSEAD, a non profit association helping with immigrants
- Catholic Charities
- French bakeries
- Art Galleries
The comprehensive fee includes:
- Housing (family stay)
- All meals, laundry
- Day long excursions - 2 per semester in Alsace and Lorraine regions
- 4-day study trip to Paris
- on-site orientation
- fall pre-semester credited course
- airport reception
- Program tutorial courses
- cultural events, such as: guided tours of cathedrals, museums, European Parliament, concerts, theater, opera
- group meals
- monthly bus pass if student does not live in city center
- on-site directors
The comprehensive fee does not include:
- transatlantic airfare (non Lewis&Clark students)
- student health insurance (can be provided for additional fee)
- personal travel