- Academic English Studies (ESL)
- Asian Studies
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Exploration and Discovery
- French Studies
- Gender Studies
- German Studies
- Health Professions
- Hispanic Studies
- International Affairs
- Latin American Studies
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Rhetoric and Media Studies (formerly Communication)
- Sociology and Anthropology
- World Languages
Fall Section Descriptions
Fall 2019 Course Descriptions will be posted by the end of May.
Fall 2019 Online Preference Form will open June 1st.
The form will be open June 1st through June 24th. If you are unable to complete the preference form, please contact the E&D Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-768-7208.
All incoming students should receive an email from NSO@lclark.edu regarding the process for preference form submission at the end of May.
Please contact the E&D Administrative Specialist at email@example.com or 503-768-7208 if you have any questions.
It is important for students to note:
- If you do not complete the on-line E&D section preference form by the June 24th deadline you will be assigned to a section on a space-available basis.
- Please select six sections that interest you but select each only once on the preference form. Selecting the same section more than once cancels one of your choices, thereby reducing the number of sections you have selected, and can result in you being randomly placed in a section.
- The date/time you submit your E&D Preference form has NO impact on your E&D assignment.
- You may make changes to your preference form during the above registration time by simply completing another on-line form. The form completed closest to the June 24th, deadline will be considered your final submission.
- All classes are held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Generally class times are 1:50 - 2:50pm, however there are a few sections taught at other times to resolve schedule conflicts with other classes.
- Several faculty members teach multiple sections; therefore it is important to note the time of the class you are selecting.
- Overload requests are not accepted.
If you have additional questions, please review the E&D Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
After assignments are made it is important to note:
- Changing sections is limited to open seats. Changes have to be made before the start of the third class day; the deadline to change your E&D section is Thursday, September 5th.
- All changes must be approved by the E&D Administrative Specialist, no add/drop permission is needed.
- The standard add/drop policy, timing, and process does not apply to Exploration and Discovery.
- Your account must be free of registration holds by the September 5th deadline.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Fall 2019 Section Descriptions