THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED
Teams of students from any of the College’s three schools and recent alumni are invited to submit an “Application for Selection - I+L Seed Fund, Spring ’15.”
All entrepreneurial ventures are welcome, including nonprofit and for-profit enterprises, and both idea-stage proposals and proposals to advance existing early-stage ventures are eligible – including those that have previously applied and are now improved. An information session and chance to network with potential teammates will be announced during the semester.
Applications to Participate must adhere to the following guidelines in order to ensure full consideration:
(1) Teams must consist of two or more individuals, and at least 66% of a team’s membership must be Lewis & Clark students from the College of Arts and Sciences, Law School, and Graduate School of Education & Counseling or recent alumni (having graduated in 2012 or later).
(2) Teams must commit to participating in the Incubator+Launch Fund’s mentoring program and learning experiences, and attempting to move their venture forward.
(3) The Application for Selection consists of two parts: a proposal summary explaining the team’s proposed venture and the value it will create/deliver if successful. (The summary should be double spaced and have 800 words max.). Additionally a 1/2 page (maximum) bio-sketch for each team member must be provided that conveys why you are the right team to undertake your proposed venture!
(4) The proposal summary should be an interesting and concise description of the proposed service or product, and should include clear and persuasive information to the following questions:
- What is the value/opportunity created or problem solved by the proposed venture?
- Who will benefit and how?
- What is the size of the target market or impact that will be created, and how is this market or need currently served?
- What advantages does the proposal offer over existing options?
- What is your venture’s current status, and what do you envision being able to accomplish in the next 3-6 months?
- What do you see as the major challenges for your team in getting started?
(5) Each team member’s biosketch should begin with a one-paragraph description of his or her interests, relevant experiences and skills, and likely contributions to the proposed venture (approximately one-third of a page), followed by an abbreviated resume listing any relevant experience (approximately one-third of a page). Biosketches must include the person’s affiliation with Lewis & Clark College, contact information, major/field of study, and evidence of academic standing, including GPA. Biosketches must not exceed the one-page limit.
(6) The Application to Participate must be combined into a single PDF-formatted document and submitted by email prior to the application deadline. APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED AS FOLLOWS: In the email subject line: SPRING 2015 I+L SEED FUND APPLICATION. Email to: email@example.com
Questions about the Incubator+Launch Seed Fund? should be directed to the Center for Entrepreneurship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.