Upon graduation, Biochemistry/Molecular Biology majors at Lewis & Clark College will:
1) have a solid foundation in college chemistry, math, and physics and an in-depth understanding of the current issues in biochemistry and molecular cell biology.
2) be able to effectively communicate the results of a scientific investigation in an audience-appropriate manner in both an oral and written format.
3) be able to critically and quantitatively analyze scientific data, either their own original data or the published data of others.
4) be able to define a specific hypothesis and design an experiment to test it.
5) be able to use online databases and sources appropriately, and be able to read and evaluate the primary literature in the field.
6) be able to work collaboratively in teams to produce a joint intellectual product.