Student Life Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I learn about the residence halls?
- Where can I find a map of the residence halls?
- What are living-learning communities?
- Where can I find the Housing Guide?
My student is having roommate issues. What can they do?
- Resident students are asked to complete a Roommate Agreement at the beginning of the semester to insure that students who live together have discussed the issues that typically arise in roommate situations even before they occur. However, when conflict between roommates does happen, our Resident Advisors (Campus Living student staff) are trained in conflict mediation and can work with residents through facilitated conversations, to manage roommate issues. If through mediation the issue is unresolved, the Area Director (Campus Living professional live-in staff member) should be consulted. In extreme cases when the issues are irreconcilable, a room change may be possible. Check out the current Housing Forms.
- How can I arrange for my student to get a cake on their birthday?
- How can I send a care package to my student?
- If my student does not have a car, is there public transportation available?
- Are there car rental options, like Zipcar, on campus?
- Is there airport transportation for school breaks?