Lewis & Clark Parents FAQ
- Where can I find a campus map?
- Where can I learn about meal plan options, locations for food on campus and my student’s special dietary needs?
- What are my student’s study abroad options?
- My student is struggling academically. What help is available?
- My student is struggling emotionally. What help is available? How can I help?
What resources are available if I am concerned about my student after hours?
If you are concerned about your student after hours, there are resources available:
- A Crisis Counseling Service is available at 503-265-7804 whenever the Counseling Service is closed or staff are unavailable. Trained mental health staff can assist with concerns.
- A Nursing Consultation Service is available 24/7 to all enrolled students; call 1-800-607-5501. A registered nurse will ask questions and help you decide whether you need medical help.
- If this is an emergency and the student is on-campus, call Campus Safety at 503-768-7777; or go to your nearest hospital emergency room. For off-campus emergencies, call 911. Campus Safety cannot respond to off-campus incidents.
- Where can I learn about the residence halls?
- Where can I find a map of the residence halls?
- What are living-learning communities?
- Where can I find the Housing Guide?
My student is having roommate issues. What can they do?
- Resident students are asked to complete a Roommate Agreement at the beginning of the semester to insure that students who live together have discussed the issues that typically arise in roommate situations even before they occur. However, when conflict between roommates does happen, our Resident Advisors (Campus Living student staff) are trained in conflict mediation and can work with residents through facilitated conversations, to manage roommate issues. If through mediation the issue is unresolved, the Area Director (Campus Living professional live-in staff member) should be consulted. In extreme cases when the issues are irreconcilable, a room change may be possible. Check out the current Housing Forms.
- How can I arrange for my student to get a cake on their birthday?
- How can I send a care package to my student?
- If my student does not have a car, is there public transportation available?
- Are there car rental options, like Zipcar, on campus?
- Is there airport transportation for school breaks?
- Where can I find information about campus events?
- Where can I find the academic calendar?
- Where can I find information about commencement?
- What services are offered to students to support them in their job search?
- What resources are available to help my student in their job search?
- Where can we stay when we visit campus?
- Where should we eat in Portland? Is there a list recommended by other parents?