School navigation

For Parents

Lewis & Clark Parents FAQ

  • Where can I find a campus map?
  • Where can I learn about meal plan options, locations for food on campus and my student’s special dietary needs?
  • What are my student’s study abroad options?
  • My student is struggling academically. What help is available?
  • My student is struggling emotionally. What help is available? How can I help?
  • What resources are available if I am concerned about my student after hours? 
    If you are concerned about your student after hours, there are resources available:
    • A Crisis Counseling Service is available at 503-265-7804 whenever the Counseling Service is closed or staff are unavailable. Trained mental health staff can assist with concerns.   
    • A Nursing Consultation Service is available 24/7 to all enrolled students; call 1-800-607-5501. A registered nurse will ask questions and help you decide whether you need medical help.  
    • If this is an emergency and the student is on-campus, call Campus Safety at 503-768-7777; or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.  For off-campus emergencies, call 911.  Campus Safety cannot respond to off-campus incidents.  
  • Where can I learn about the residence halls?
  • Where can I find a map of the residence halls?
  • What are living-learning communities?
  • Where can I find the Housing Guide?
  • My student is having roommate issues. What can they do?
    • Resident students are asked to complete a Roommate Agreement at the beginning of the semester to insure that students who live together have discussed the issues that typically arise in roommate situations even before they occur.  However, when conflict between roommates does happen, our Resident Advisors (Campus Living student staff) are trained in conflict mediation and can work with residents through facilitated conversations, to manage roommate issues.  If through mediation the issue is unresolved, the Area Director (Campus Living professional live-in staff member) should be consulted.  In extreme cases when the issues are irreconcilable, a room change may be possible. Check out the current Housing Forms.