About Ask A Parent
Ask A Parent is an online resource that enables prospective or incoming parents to contact L&C parents for advice and insight. We understand the information available on the Lewis & Clark website is informative; however current parents can be the most effective way to get a specific question answered, so we have developed this resource to connect parents.
How it works:
- Current and past parents volunteer to answer questions received from prospective or incoming parents.
- Your name, city, state, and student name and year is displayed on the Ask a Parent web page.
- Email addresses are kept confidential because questions are submitted through a form and sent via email.
- A copy of the question is sent to Parent Programs, so we can assess what type of information parents are seeking and develop ways to address those questions online.
Joining Ask A Parent:
- Any current or past parent is welcome to join and provide insight and answers to questions.
- We may choose to not accept a parent volunteer if we already have too many parents for that area.
- Each fall, Parent Programs will refresh the Ask A Parent page and confirm that all participants are interested in continuing to serve as ambassadors on this page. During this annual process-or at any other time in the year-a parent can ask to be added or removed from the listings. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We predict no more than 5-10 questions per parent per year with the heaviest times around spring application season and summer before first year students arrive on campus.
- Volunteers serve as ambassadors of Lewis & Clark College and provide answers to a wide variety of questions.
- Don’t know the answer? Many answers can be found on the Parent web page: http://college.lclark.edu/parents/resources/ or by using the search bar at the top of the page.
- When in doubt just forward the email on to email@example.com and staff will join the conversation.
Please fill out this form to join Ask A Parent.
Thank you for your support!
Ginger Moshofsky ’83
Alumni & Parent Programs