Authorization to Release Educational Records

You have the right to authorize the college to release limited or unlimited educational information to one or more people.  Once signed and submitted, this release form allows college officials to provide the designated information as requested by the listed parties.  It does not allow the listed parties to act for the student, but merely to receive designated information. This release may be revoked at any time by submitting a written request to the appropriate Registrar’s Office.  You may find more information on our website on the FERPA page.

CAS students must file the form in person at the Office of the Registrar on the ground floor of the Templeton Student Center.  The student must provide photo identification at the time of submission. During the winter or summer breaks, or if the student is on an approved leave of absence or LC Off Campus program, matriculated students may file the form by submitting a scanned copy directly to the Registrar’s Office email address from the student’s LC email account.  Please note that the form must be physically signed.

Graduate school students should contact the Office of the Registrar at the Graduate School of Education and Counseling.

Law school students should contact the Office of the Registrar at the Law School.


Authorization to Release Educational Record Information