Lewis & Clark offers 29 majors and 27 minors spanning the traditional disciplines of the arts, humanities, social sciences, mathematics and natural sciences. To support and enhance your major coursework, you will take courses in a variety of subjects across our curriculum, adding breadth and balance to your liberal arts education.
Faculty and professional advisors help students shape their time at Lewis & Clark and encourage them to make the most of available opportunities, such as collaborative research opportunities and applying for national honors and awards. Students can access a wide range of campus resources designed to support academic success, as well as the Career Center, which provides programming to help students prepare for successful lives after Lewis & Clark. Students interested in pursuing a career in education or law have the opportunity to take advantage of the admissions agreements we have with Lewis & Clark’s two professional schools:
- The Teacher Pathways program offers early admission for Lewis & Clark undergraduates into a master of arts in teaching degree program at our Graduate School of Education and Counseling.
- A Guaranteed Admission Agreement is offered between the undergraduate college and the Law School for students who fulfill certain criteria.
- Pathways to Success in STEM are three different programs tailored to first-generation students who are interested in becoming a member of Lewis & Clark’s scientific community.
- Portland State Pathway is an accelerated pathway to a master’s degree at Portland State University’s School of Business.
- Lewis & Clark has an articulation agreement with the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey that gives International Affairs graduates a three-semester accelerated entry into their Master’s programs in International Policy & Development, Public Administration (MPA) and Nonproliferation & Terrorism Studies. There is also a guaranteed scholarship for these students.
Pre-college programs for high school students interested in experiencing academic life at Lewis & Clark:
The Fir Acres Writing Workshop in Writing and Thinking, first and foremost, is a community of writers who share a commitment to the work and play of writing together.
- The Templeton Scholars Program provides opportunities for gifted high school students from the greater Portland area to undertake advanced study.