Live and Study in Beautiful Cuenca, Ecuador, accompanied by Professor Juan Carlos Toledano Redondo
- Program begins with arrival in Quito on May 11th, 2023.
- 3-Week option finishes on 6/6. Double per person $5,490; Single $6,490.
- 4 -Week typical stay, finishes on June 13th, 2023. Double per person $6,490; Single $7,490.
- 5-week option finishes on 6/20. Double per person $6,990; Single $7,990.
- Price Includes domestic transportation, three nights hotel, comfortable apartment, Orientation, Spanish Language Instruction, Cultural classes and activities, select meals as indicated, accompanied by Lewis & Clark faculty member for two weeks, 24/7 support staff during entire stay.
- Price does not include International airfare, and most meals.
- $1,000 by February 15th, 2023.
- Spaces are limited.
- 3 Weeks - Double per person $4,490; Single $5,490.
- 4 weeks - Double per person $5,490; Single $6,490.
- 5 weeks - Double per person $5,990; Single $6,990.
- Due two weeks after deposit.
- Please Register here
- Indicate $2,000 deposit for two people in a double; $1,000 deposit each for one person paying individually in a twin in a double; $1,000 deposit for a single.
- Indicate “Cuenca May 2023”, as your trip of interest.
- List the names of participants you are paying for. List the names of a roommate you are not paying for in (parenthesis).
- Provide Credit Card Information.
- Explore with Lewis & Clark Professor of Hispanic Studies Juan Carlos Toledano Redondo, together with a community of like-minded adventurers.
- Discover Cuenca and beyond with an orientation to the city, events with local residents, resources to plan travel afterward, and the daily support of on-site staff.
- Relax in your own comfortable apartment within walking distance of our partner’s language center.
- Participate in active Spanish instruction in small groups of two to five, organized from beginner to advanced.
- Enjoy cultural activities including salsa dancing, cooking, and day trips.
About the Lewis & Clark Cuenca Center in Ecuador
Lewis & Clark has been sending students to Cuenca, Ecuador for decades. Our partners their continue to offer quality language instruction by professional Spanish teachers, and cultural activities. We have found that they provide an attention to detail, a caring attitude, an important insight into the local community, a commitment to assistance with travel and other matters, and a skilled approach to support 24/7 for health and safety issues.
Juan Carlos Toledo Redondo will greet the group in Quito, and journey onwards to Cuenca. He will participate in group activities and be available during the first two weeks of the program. For an introduction to “Juanko” please see this interview.
One of the most special parts of this program is the ability to stay an entire month in a comfortable furnished apartment with a kitchenette in a well located area. This beautiful complex is only blocks from the language school where we base our classes and activities.
Typically double apartments are one bedroom with a double or queen size bed. Single apartments are typically studios reserved for solo travelers. If a pair of two travelers wish to book an apartment with two beds we have some options with one bed in the bedroom and the other a convertible couch. On occasion there is a two-bedroom available but if so there will be an additional fee.
Most apartments face inside courtyard. Some have views onto the street below. We make our requests for apartments based on date the final balance is paid.
Below: Example of a bathroom, A kitchen, Studio, one-bedroom