Call for Student Supported Slots!
THE STUDENT SCRIPT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SSAC) IS NOW ACCEPTING PROPOSALS FOR THE SELF-PRODUCED STUDENT PROJECTS.
Proposal Deadline: Friday, February 2nd, 2024
Please submit proposals to email@example.com for review and include *SPSP2024* in the Subject line. The SSAC will make a decision by February 9th.
Performances: April 4th & 5th, 2024
This is an additional directing/producing/performing opportunity titled “Self-Produced Student Projects.” All you need to do is to propose a project, submit it to the Student Script Advisory Committee (SSAC) and – if your project is chosen – begin rehearsal for performance! Since this is an entirely STUDENT-RUN enterprise, the theatre faculty has no decision power over which project will be chosen. The decision is in the hands of the this year’s SSAC committee.
You must consult the “Guidelines for Self-Produced Student Projects” to become completely clear on the parameters of the Self Produced Projects.
Anyone can propose a project – Actors, directors, dancers, choreographers, devisors, etc…
Deadline for proposals is Friday, February 2nd, 2024. Please submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a paper copy to the Theatre Office, Room 101.
If you are planning to produce an existing play, please include the script.
If you are planning to work on a “Devised Project” please describe what you’re after, and how you are planning to develop such a project.
Your proposal should include (but is not limited to) a thorough discussion of the following:
1. Why do you want to do this project – describe the artistic merits of whatever you want do.
2. Cast size. and plans for how you’ll cast the project. Please NOTE – no students who are cast in the Fall Main Stage are allowed to participate in the Student Projects.
3. Production team. Who is going to be on your production team? The better pre-organized you are the smoother the project will work.
4. Technical Requirements. Please NOTE – the focus of the project should be on working closely with the actors/performers/text, and on imaginative storytelling. The technical side of the project shall remain absolutely minimal.
5. Evidence of the Director’s/Devisor’s qualifications. Please let the SSAC know what makes YOU qualified to be the producer of the project.
6. Challenges. What do you think are the challenges of the project you’re proposing, and how are you planning to address them.
The deadline for proposals is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd. No proposals will be accepted after that date.
If you have any questions about the projects, please don’t hesitate to ask Rebecca.