Call for Student Supported Slots!
Proposal Deadline: Friday, September 9th, 2022
Please submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and include *SPSP2022* in the Subject line. The SSAC will make a decision by September 23rd.
Performances: November 11th-12th, 2022
This is an additional directing/producing/performing opportunity titled “Self-Produced Student Projects.” All you need to do is to propose a project, submit it to the Student Script Advisory Committee (SSAC) and – if your project is chosen – begin rehearsal for performance! Since this is an entirely STUDENT-RUN enterprise, the theatre faculty has no decision power over which project will be chosen. The decision is in the hands of the this year’s SSAC committee.
You must consult the “Guidelines for Self-Produced Student Projects” to become completely clear on the parameters of the Self Produced Projects.
Anyone can propose a project – Actors, directors, dancers, choreographers, devisors, etc…
Deadline for proposals is Friday, September 9th, 2022. Please submit proposals to email@example.com or bring a paper copy to the Theatre Office, Room 101.
If you are planning to produce an existing play, please include the script.
If you are planning to work on a “Devised Project” please describe what you’re after, and how you are planning to develop such project.
The dates for the Fall 2022 Self-Produced Student Projects are:
Thursday, November 10th 5-10PM for Dress/Tech Rehearsals
Friday, November 11th 12-3 PM for first performance of another Dress/Tech
Saturday, November 12th 12-6pm for Afternoon and evening performances and strike.
Your proposal should include (but is not limited to) a thorough discussion of the following:
1. Why do you want to do this project – describe the artistic merits of whatever you want do.
2. Cast size. and plans for how you’ll cast the project. Please NOTE – no students who are cast in the Fall Main Stage are allowed to participate in the Student Projects.
3. Production team. Who is going to be on your production team? The better pre-organized you are the smoother the project will work.
4. Technical Requirements. Please NOTE – the focus of the project should be on working closely with the actors/performers/text, and on imaginative storytelling. The technical side of the project shall remain absolutely minimal.
5. Evidence of the Director’s/Devisor’s qualifications. Please let the SSAC know what makes YOU qualified to be the producer of the project.
6. Challenges. What do you think are the challenges of the project you’re proposing, and how are you planning to address them.
The deadline for proposals is FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH. No proposals will be accepted after that date.
If you have any questions about the projects, please don’t hesitate to ask Stepan.