Pamplin Fellows Announce 2022 Teacher of the Year
Each year, the Pamplin Society of Fellows bestows the Teacher of the Year Award to one professor. This award aims to honor undergraduate faculty members that go above and beyond the duties of their position to enrich student learning.
This year the finalists for the award are as follows, in alphabetical order:
- Michael Broide - Physics
- Suparna Chaudhry - International Affairs
- Benjamin David- Art History
- Reiko Hillyer - History
- Jessica Kleiss - Environmental Studies
- Kabir Mansingh Heimsath - Sociology and Anthropology
- Sweta Suryanarayan - Mathematical Sciences
This award is entirely driven in all aspects by undergraduate students. A call is issued in early March for students at the college to write nomination letters for faculty members that have played a dynamic role in students’ academic lives. These letters are then reviewed by a selection committee comprised entirely of students.