CRS Chapter accepting new members for multiple roles and opportunities!
CRS is one of the largest international humanitarian organizations dedicated to alleviating poverty in over 100 countries of the world, acting on pressing global issues, seeking to address the root causes of global injustices and inequities. Now, CRS Chapter Club is being formed on our campus with the goal of equipping university students as leaders and advocates for the global common good. This is an opportunity to use and develop your skills to make meaningful action in our surroundings and across the globe!
As a member, you will be able to:
- Connect with others in the national network and attend national conferences.
- Learn more about the global work of CRS and participate in ongoing skill-building opportunities and access to the relevant resources and support from CRS Staff. Build leadership, campus organizing skills and experiences that can apply to a future career.
- Put your values into action and make an impactful difference to end global poverty through advocacy.
Examples of activities that we will focus on:
- Charity and community giving (fundraisers, making lunches for the houseless, assisting the refugee programs)
- Policy and congressional advocacy for foreign aid (meeting with members of congress, writing letters to the editors)
- Creating a safe space for reflection and mutual support system for our members
Additional leadership openings we have at the moment are (1) Congressional Liaison and (2) Media Coordinator
Any and every student of LC is welcome! Interested in joining or wanting to learn more? Email us at email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org