Guidelines for Self-Isolation in Preparation for Spring 2021 Semester
Before Your Arrival
You need to observe a mandatory 14-day period of self-isolation prior to arrival on campus. This requirement is intended to decrease the risk of students contracting COVID-19 before they return to Lewis & Clark.
Count backwards from the day you plan to arrive on campus to ensure you know when to start your isolation period. For example, if you plan to arrive on the morning of January 17th, your quarantine period should begin on the morning of January 3rd.
What Is Self-Isolation?
We define self-isolation as:
- Staying in your place of residence to the fullest extent possible.
- Avoiding contact with those outside your immediate household.
- Avoiding close contact with people in your household if they are not self-isolating. “Close contact” is defined as being within a 6 foot distance for 15 minutes or more over the course of 24 hours.
- Avoiding social gatherings of any kind.
- Only leaving your home for essential trips such as grocery shopping or picking up medication. Do not use public transportation or ride sharing services.
- Always wearing a mask and observing social distancing and hand washing protocols if you do need to leave your home.
- A negative COVID test result does not exempt you from this self-isolation requirement.
Note that travel to campus will not invalidate your 14-day self-isolation; please follow the recommended CDC guidelines when travelling in order to reduce your risk of exposure.
Before entry to campus, you will be asked to attest that you have completed the mandatory 2-week self-isolation.
If you have questions about this self-isolation requirement, please contact Ami Hanna, COVID-19 Case Manager and Contact Tracer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What If I Can’t Self-Isolate?
We recognize that some students may not be able to meet the self-isolation requirement due to work, family obligations, or other extenuating circumstances. If you think you fall into this category, please contact Ami Hanna, COVID-19 Case Manager and Contact Tracer at email@example.com.