Employers are recruiting virtually!
Because of the rapid changes in the workplace resulting from the Coronavirus pandemic, it may feel like hiring and recruiting have stopped. The truth is, companies will always need to recruit top entry-level talent. The Career Center is here to help.
We are maintaining strong connections with our employer partners, developing new connections daily, and working with our amazing alumni.
Employers and Alumni want to connect with you too!
Here are three proactive steps you can take now to get connected, explore opportunities, and get involved in skill-building experiences:
1. Complete your profile in Handshake
- Did you know over the last two months Handshake has seen a 257% increase in employer messages to students? 80% of students who fill out three simple parts of their profiles get messaged!
2. Keep building relationships (a.k.a networking!)
- Use the L&C Alumni LinkedIn Tool to identify alumni mentors and network online.
- Reach out to faculty, friends, and family to see if they can connect you to a professional for an informational interview.
3. Show up!
- Attend virtual events hosted by employers and alumni on Handshake.
- Browse through the thousands of jobs/internships available on Handshake and apply.
- Hint: type in “remote” in the job search field if looking to work from home.
- Check out the 500 companies recruiting students right now on Handshake!
- Respond to employer, alumni, or other network messages! You’d be surprised to learn that only about 50% of outreach messages get answered…be the better half.
The Career Center cares about you and your goals, whatever they may be now or in the future. Don’t hesitate to schedule a virtual appointment to talk with us!