LC Day of Giving: Help us unlock $100,000!
March 11, 2019
Generous donors have pledged $100,000 to Lewis & Clark – and with your help we can unlock that money for LC. Beginning at midnight Wednesday (March 13) we have 24 hours to secure 2,019 gifts from alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff, and friends from all three schools.
Staff and faculty are an integral part of the day’s success – last year you made 334 gifts, almost 100 more than the previous year! This year, like last, we have some generous matches for gifts made on Day of Giving from our campus community to inspire staff and faculty.
- Scott Fletcher, Dean of the Graduate School of Education and Counseling, has pledged to increase his annual gift by $500 if at least 50% of GSEC faculty and staff participate in this year’s Day of Giving.
- Jennifer Johnson, Dean of the Law School, and Bruno have pledged $1,000 to the Law School’s Annual Fund after 100 gifts are made to the law school.
- President Wim Wiewel will match all gifts made by faculty and staff on Day of Giving (up to $7,500).
- The CAS Board of Alumni will contribute $50 for every CAS senior who makes a gift on Day of Giving.
Deans, department chairs, and leaders are invited to come up with their own challenges for Day of Giving. If you challenge your staff to contribute on Day of Giving, ask them to let you know when they make a gift so you can monitor your results (and know if you’ve met the challenge you set!). Share your challenge on social media on March 13 by using #LCDayofGiving.
In the meantime, check out this LC Day of Giving video created by Sam Peers ’19 to get you in the spirit!
Once you’ve made your gift, show your Pioneer pride: let the world know you supported LC by tagging your social media post with #LCDayofGiving. Even better, post a photo of yourself, your family, friends, or pets in Pio gear or black and orange, and you’ll be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card. Visit our social media toolkit to download shareable Day of Giving images!
Q: How do I give?
A: Visit the Day of Giving page or stop by our tables in the following locations:
- outside of Fields Dining Hall, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 4:30 –7 p.m.
- JR Howard Hall, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Pamplin Athletic Center, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Law School Campus, LRC Student Lounge, 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. (refreshments from noon – 1:30 p.m.)
Q: If I make a recurring monthly gift will it count toward the gift total?
A: Yes. And, if you choose to make an additional gift, it will be counted a second time, helping us to reach our 2,019 gift goal.
Q: Where does the money go?
A: To the annual fund, unless otherwise specified. The annual fund allows us to support our areas of greatest need.
Q: If I give to an area other than the annual fund, will it count?
A: Any gift to any fund made by staff, faculty or students on March 13 will count toward the goal.