Once Upon a Weekend (Spring 2020)
PLAYWRIGHTS, DIRECTORS, ACTORS
S/20 ONCE UPON A WEEKEND
Saturday, February 15, 2020
L&C Journal of Dramatic and the Theatre Department
For playwrights! One week to write a short play based on a theme we post on Wednesday, February 5, on Theatre lobby bulletin board. Winning entries will be considered for publication in (Pause.).
For actors and directors! Minimal time commitment! Big fun! Directors and actors will meet and divide into teams to stage the winning plays. No rehearsal until Saturday, February 15. One to two hour rehearsal time only.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Weds Feb 5 a theme will be posted on the lobby bulletin board of Fir Acres Theatre building.
- Anyone and everyone may then write a short (no longer than ten minutes) play/sketch/scene based on the theme.
- The deadline for entries is 3pm Weds, Feb 12:
*** Email your entry directly to email@example.com***
- Winning entries will be notified/posted by noon, Thurs, Feb 13.
- On Fri, Feb 14, 5pm, Black Box, the plays will be cast—on Sat, Feb 15, they’ll be rehearsed—and that night they’ll be performed in the grand finale.
- Winning entries will be produced on Sat, Feb 15, at 9pm in the Black Box of Fir Acres Theatre. We’re sorry we can’t produce every submission, but we will choose about six plays representing quality, variety, and an interesting approach to the theme.
THE PERFORMANCE – FREE:
Saturday, Feb 15, 9:00pm in the Black Box Theatre!
Be there for big fun!