Become an Admissions Fellow- Apply Today!
March 09, 2018
The Office of Admissions is currently accepting applications for five Fellow positions for the 2018-2019 academic year. Apply at go.lclark.edu/ambassadors or in the Frank Manor House.
Opportunities for Experience
A fellowship in College Admissions provides excellent experiences for students wishing to pursue careers in fields such as non-profit management, higher education, special events planning, public relations, among many others. Through working with members of the Admissions staff and prospective students and their families, Fellows will grow intellectually and personally, improve their leadership skills, and broaden possible career choices. Experience will be gained in the following areas:
- College Admissions processes
- Representation of Lewis & Clark College during formal presentations
- Conducting interviews
- Event planning
- Website management
- Publicity and public relations
- Recruitment and management of peers
- Multicultural recruitment
- Office machines, software use, and familiarity with office procedures
All candidates are expected to have significant leadership experience, be familiar with the services and opportunities at Lewis & Clark and have a considerable understanding of the Admissions Office. The following qualifications must be met:
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled for the 2018-2019 school year; preferably in senior standing and on campus for the full academic year
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing (will be verified through Registrar’s and Dean of Students’ office)
- Must exemplify good campus citizenry
- Must demonstrate a sense of professionalism and readiness to be an objective ambassador to the college
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities
- Must be able to work as an effective team member with other student leaders, student ambassadors, and professional staff
- Must have an interest in and desire to learn more about the admissions process
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate nine (9) scheduled hours of work per week, anticipating fluctuation of hours in peak times in the admissions process
- Must be available for weekend Admissions events in October, November, February and April; Specific dates TBA
- Must be willing to attend all volunteer training meetings and fill-in as an Admissions Ambassador (tour guiding, lunch hosting, overnight hosting) whenever necessary
- Previous Admissions Ambassador experience is not required but is preferred
- Will preferably live on-campus for the 2018-2019 year
- Must be able to return to campus for training in August before NSO and be able to fully participate with no other commitments (Arrangements will be made for you to check into the residence halls early)
Work study is required for this position. Fellows will be paid $12.00 per hour and can anticipate utilizing their entire work study award over the course of the academic year. Valuable professional experience as a campus leader in a position of great responsibility should also be considered a benefit of this position. There is also a possibility for professional recommendations post successful completion of job.
To be considered for an Admissions Fellow position, please submit a cover letter, resume and a completed application to the Admissions Office by 5pm on Friday, March 23rd, 2018. Applications are available online at go.lclark.edu/ambassadors or in Admissions Office.
Interviews are required as part of the application process. Interviews will take place April 3rd and 5th, 2018. When turning in your application, be sure to sign up for a 30-minute interview slot.
Selected Fellows will be required to attend and assist with this year’s Admitted Student Program on Saturday, April 14th, 2018. (Exceptions are made for those currently studying abroad.)
Please contact Caitlin Harper, Senior Assistant Dean of Admissions, at x7075 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about the position or application process. Should you wish to speak with a current Admissions Fellow, please inquire at x7050 or email@example.com.