Once Upon a Weekend
Performed ONE NIGHT ONLY!
Saturday, February 10 at 10pm
Sponsored by the L&C journal of dramatic expression, (Pause.), and the Theatre Department
For playwrights! One week to write a short play based on a theme we post on Wednesday, Jan 31, on Theatre lobby bulletin board. Winning entries will be considered for publication in (Pause.).
For actors and directors! Minimal time commitment! Big fun! Directors and actors will meet and divide into teams to stage the winning plays. No rehearsal until Saturday, February 10. One to two hour rehearsal time only.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Wednesday, Jan 31, 2018, a theme will be posted on the lobby bulletin board of Fir Acres Theatre building.
- Anyone and everyone may then write a short (no longer than ten minutes) play/sketch/scene based on the theme.
- The deadline for entries is 3pm Wednesday, Feb 7:
- *** Email your entry directly to firstname.lastname@example.org ***
- Winning entries will be notified/posted by noon, Thursday, Feb 8.
- On Friday, Feb 9, 6pm, Main Stage, the plays will be cast—on Saturday, Feb 10, they’ll be directed—and that night they’ll be produced in the grand finale.
- Winning entries will be produced on Saturday, Feb 10, at 10pm in the Black Box of Fir Acres Theatre. We’re sorry we can’t produce every submission, but we will choose about six plays representing quality, variety, and an interesting approach to the theme.
THE PERFORMANCE – FREE:
Saturday, Feb 10, 10:00pm in the Black Box Theatre!
Be there for big fun!